Mid to Senior ICT Engineer, Architect and Developer
Canberra and Wellington Locations
This role is a perfect fit for someone with experience working as a mid to senior engineer, with dev, systems administrator and architectural skills that wants a great deal of variety in the type of work that they will do.We are looking for an engineer, with ability to provide consultation services to customers, perform individual tasks, and also to lead others to achieve more as a team when required.
This would be a lead role in the design, implementation and maintenance of PKI and Identity Management software of our partners as well as our own software products.
The role is interesting mix of consulting, development and operations with a vast array of variety in the work, touching anything from Linux and Microsoft platform support to firewalls, routers and switches to implementing code to support the flow of data between information repositories.
Onsite training is provided but the successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and also have the ability for self learning.
Duties will include:
- consulting to our customer based
- inidividual operations and development tasks as required;
- co-ordinate the activities of not only your tasks but tasks of others in your team;
- reporting to senior management on project milestones;
- perform software development on existing systems for enhancements/maintenance;
- perform software development of new systems;
- perform software code review and mentoring to younger staff
- research and evaluate products and services;
- system design and integration;
- maintain and support existing systems;
- install, upgrade and support open source and specialised commercial software packages;
- support the configuration and administration of high and low bandwidth computing networks;
- maintain user and system documentation; and
- provide innovative solutions and high level support.
Essential requirements, skills and experience:
- ability to perform consulting work related to architectural design and delivery
- ability to manage a team when required
- proficiency in at least one coding language;
- have a strong work ethic;
- be a self-starter;
- have strong aptitude and willingness to learn new skills;
- demonstrate initiative for solving problems;
- have the abilty to co-ordinate others as well as work individually;
- be delivery focused;
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- have citizenship; and
- ability to obtain a high level security clearance.
Highly desirable but not essential requirements, skills and experience:
- Previous consulting experience as an engineer or architect
- ICT operations and systems administration experience;
- demonstrated proficiency in multiple programming languages (object-oriented, scripting or functional);
- Experience in particular with C#;
- experience in developing enterprise software;
- experience with administration and support of windows desktops and servers;
- experience with administration and support of UNIX systems;
- presales support experience;
- willingness and ability to travel;
- Previous experience in PKI and Identity Management not necessary but highly regarded;
- Previous team management experience highly regarded; and
- existing security clearance highly regarded.
- Degree of Engineering/Computer Systems or a related discipline or experience will be highly regarded.
- Industry certifications such as MCSE or CCNA highly regarded by not essential.
If you are interested in this position please email through your resume and cover letter to email@example.com